Saturday 14 November 2015

CANYONEERING: EXPLORING WONDERS IN THE SOUTH



First semester of A.Y 2015-2016 was a roller coaster ride. How time flies and I'm already on my last year of college! Five months of Academic stuff, don't we deserve something great for semestral break? It has always been a tradition of my group of friends to have a post-semester celebration. Our thirsty wandering souls were craving for some extreme adventure. For the semestral break, we decided to explore the Matutinao River and have our first taste of canyoneering. 




The usual price for this activity usually ranges from Php 1,100 - Php1,300 per head. We were a group of 10 and lucky us, we only had it for Php 850 per head inclusive of the head gear and personal flotation device. 



Our starting point was from Kanlaob, Alegria to Kawasan Falls. We walked a few meters to the first cliff. At the beginning of our journey, we were asked to jump off approximately 15 meters high cliff into the water. You have no other choice but to jump since this is the only way for you to continue the adventure. It's surely the time for some adrenaline rush and it'll get you hyped up after. 











I have read from a review in a blog that there are big snakes that will be swimming with you and this scared me so much that I freaked out during my first swim; however, there were none during the whole time (Phew! Thank heavens!). So, we enjoyed and savored the time doing multiples jumps and sliding from the cliffs, trekking, and fighting the strong current. This place is such a beauty! I was in awe during the whole journey. Definitely worth it!






















And here's the last jump. It's approximately 30 feet high. I swear, I was such a chicken during my first try. It took me few minutes to finally have the guts to dive myself into that strong-current river. After my first jump, it kept me jumping back for more! 

P.S. I will update this post soon and upload my video jumping off the cliff and an after video of the whole adventure.


It was a long and tiring but worth it journey. We ended our day at the Kawasan falls. Went for a quick dip before going home. 

I would definitely recommend this to all the brave and adventurous souls out there and to all those people who visits Cebu for some adventure. This would be a good itinerary for an flabbergasting day here in Cebu.

♡ ♡ ♡
Sincerely, 
Bethel xx




No comments:

Post a Comment