Monday 30 November 2015

DISCOVERING DAVAO





When you hear Durian and Duterte nowadays, it's synonymous to Davao City. Earlier this year, I visited the "Crown Jewel" of Mindanao for the very first time and just last semstral break, I visited the place once more. 

During my stay in the city, I understood why people kept telling that "Life is here in Davao".

 First, the whole city is clean. You can't see any garbages around the streets compared to Manila and Cebu. I have also observed that their jeepneys do not produce much smoke in which you can freely breathe the fresh air all over the city. 

Second, you can't see a single person littering and smoking in public or around the city. Davao is being smoke-free since 2002 and breaking this ordinance carries with it a stiff penalty. I am amazed with the city's ordinance and obedience of the people. 

Third, Davao City is a model metropolis because it is one of the safest and most progressive cities in the country. My most favorite part in visiting this city is that I am able to walk around the city till late at night without worrying of being kidnapped or being robbed. Honestly, during my first visit, I was astounded that I could use my phone in public places like while walking or while riding the jeepney (haha!). 

 I haven't been to much places during my first visit because I only stayed for a short time. However, I stayed for a week during my second visit. I have a friend from Davao who told me that one week is too long for a vacation in Davao. I even thought so too. But nah uh uh! To my surprise, there was never a time I was idle. My whole stay was fully-packed!

This time I would be sharing a sort of travel photo diary from my 2 Davao trips. 








And to start, I first get into the wild at Davao Crocodile Park!
The Davao Croc is like a mini zoo that does only feature many crocodiles but also various exotic animals such as monkeys, snakes, birds, bearcats, tigers and other types of reptiles.  



The famous man-made forest at the heart of Davao City - People's Park! 
It is such a beautiful, relaxing and very clean park. You would love to jog around here at night because they also have a playlist to accompany you while you are exercising. 



This large sculpture made by Kublai Millan represents the simple life and culture of the different indigenous groups and tribes present at the Southern part of Mindanao especially at Davao map. 





Of course, who would miss Eden Nature Park in their itinerary? 
We went to Eden earlier on the day of my flight back to Cebu. I only had like an hour to stroll around. I was not even able to go around the whole place. One of my bucketlist is to try their Skycycle. Unfortunately, some things don't go as how you planned and and due to time constraint, I didn't get a chance to try. Next time tho! :)





The only ride I tried. lol But this was fun! 



On our way to the airport, we were able to have a short stop over at the GAP Farm. Had a quick tour around the place and went inside the Japanese cave. 





On my second visit, I finally got a change to stroll around downtown. Never forget to visit their Night Market at Roxas Street. They have good food and a lot of great finds to buy! I bought a bohemian elephant pillow for Php 60.00! (I wasn't able to take a photo of it but it's worth it! And I forgot to bring it with me back to Cebu. *awkward grin*


If you go to Davao,  eating durian with coke should be on your list! ;)


The Peak, GMall




One thing I also love about Davao - their colorful taxicabs!
Is it just me or what? I really find their taxi fare cheaper compared to Cebu. From South-ish to downtown, I only need to pay less than a hundred. Amazeballs!


SM Lanang


Starbucks located at the center of mall. 


Had a quick dip at Park Inn. 


Coffee at Green Coffee and some pizzas from Barrio Bistro. 


Finally! Some beach vibes for me at Davao. Summer isn't so hard to find in Davao. You may pack up, ride a barge for a few minutes and voila! Welcome to Samal Island! 


Overnight at Isla Reta, Talicud Island.


My Davao experience has been awesome. I know there's so much more I need to check on the list. Who bids Goodbye?

See you again soon, Davao City! 

P.S. Watch my Semestral Break after-video featuring some parts of Davao. :)

Check it out here! >> Miles with Love

♡ ♡ ♡Sincerely, Bethel 















No comments:

Post a Comment