Friday 25 July 2014

FUNTASTIC MEDELLIEN


  It has been two months since the school year has started and I am already itching for the beach and another adventure. Third year life will be the death of us Psych Majors. Kidding. Seriously, the struggle is real. Anyway, my friends and I were so excited about
our Funtastic Island getaway for the weekend. Special thanks to my friend's friend for inviting and allowing us to hitch with them on the whole trip. 

We had a three-hour north bound drive and arrived there in Kawit at around 9 in the morning. Gibitngil Island is just across Kawit, Medellin around 2 kilometers away but Funtastic Island is located on the other side of Gibitngil Island, so we needed to go around the island for like a 20-30 minute trip. Since we are a huge group, we rented two pamboats. The weather was very gloomy which is not ideal to head to the island, yet we still push through with the plan. Big waves welcomed us in our journey. I can not wait to see the clear water of the island and jump on the 20-30 ft jump board which is the main reason why I badly want to visit that island. Upon arriving, I was a little bit disappointed because I don't think I could do the things I was expecting to do for that trip. I couldn't take underwater photos because the waves are so big that it could bring me to the other island. Lol Also, as much as we want to take the risk of jumping, we cannot because it isn't advisable due to the bad weather. The rain was pouring and we could almost freeze on the cold sea breeze. 


















We went to explore that part of the island and saw a hidden part where the waves are huge and strong and is safe for us to play and swim by the shore. It was worth the muscle pain though. 

It was around two in the afternoon that the kuya's from our bangkas told us that they could just find us places to stay overnight because they wouldn't take the risk of sailing due to the bad weather. And we students were like "What?! Nooo! We have classes tomorrow and also an exam to take!" You know, island life. Imagine not enough food and water, no electricity, and no cellular signals for a night? We were supposed to go home at four. However, the weather just get worse. So, they thought of the safest way for us to be able to get out on that island and sail back to Kawit. We have to go to the other side of the island because their bangkas are there. We have to walk that muddy I-don't-know-how-many meter way. As we sail, my friends got so scared because we all took the risk just to be able to go home that day. It was the first time I could experience sailing with big waves that I only see on marine videos. And Thank God for guiding us and protecting us from any harm as we arrived in our own homes. 






Despite all the odds, we still had fun. It was surely an adventure that we'll never forget because there's too many first times on this trip. 



Till the next trip, Ciao! 


♡ ♡ ♡




Sincerely,

Bethel xx





No comments:

Post a Comment