Sunday 18 May 2014

AQUAHOLIC



Bantayan Island is one of the worst-hit islands in the Philippines caused by the devastation of Super Typhoon Yolanda six months ago. It saddens me while looking at the photos for I could see how damaged the island was. I was so stoked when my sister and I planned going there this summer. I can still remember the beauty of that paradise way back seven years ago.
It was 3 in the morning when we took a bus to Hagnaya and arrived there at 7 in the morning. From Hagnaya, we rode a barge to Bantayan island for an hour. Island life excites me!


When we arrived in the island, we did some resort hopping because most of the resorts are fully booked! Lesson learned: never ever travel without booking any reservations! But God is so good. We ended up on a room in Sugar Beach. It was a kubo with ac. Uh huh





The things I love about Sugar beach are its long seashore and the fine sand until the beach. The water is so clear I could see my future! Agh!




At 12 noon, we rented a bangka and went to Virgin Island.
The bangka costs 900-1200 and you don't have to worry because the time is unlimited. Then you have to pay 500 pesos once you touched down at Virgin Island. It also serves as the entrance fee of two people and additional 100 pesos for each exceeding person.


Virgin Island is really beautiful! You can walk with the fishes by the seashore. You can actually have fish massage for free! As I said before, I am afraid of fishes. No matter how small they are. Maybe I could give exemption to starfishes because they are cute. However, they aren't fishes, so what am I saying right now doesn't make sense. Lol








Annyeong from our new friends!



Arrived at our room around 5PM. We were exhausted that we didn't notice all of us had a deep slumber. We had our late dinner at Cou Cou Bar and Restaurant. It is just five minutes away from where we are staying. The place was pretty chill and their foods are really good. I would greatly recommend you to try there if you have plans on going to Santa Fe.
  • DAY 2



    Morning stretch by the beach. Me x yoga poses = me feeling flexible







    Around 8AM, just in time when my sister's friend's boyfriend arrived, we went to Ogtong Cave, Santa Fe.




    If you are looking for good accomodations, Santa Fe Beach Club would be perfect. We only availed their day use which costs a hundred and that already includes the use of the pools, beach, and entrance to Ogtong Cave.


    The way down to the cave.





    You can actually go further inside the cave. You'll be guided with rocks. Just expect bats to fly around unexpectedly. *winks*

    The cave used to have a lot of fishes. I have only seen one. I wonder where the others are.
    There's so much beauty on this paradise. I don't ever wanna leave this place but I have to because summer class.
    This is definitely an unforgettable trip, we had to catch the earliest trip for that afternoon because we don't want to arrive very late at night. My sister and I had no other choice but to take that full bus. Meaning, we're going on trip standing for 3-4 hours or more! Bless our gastrocnemius. That was tiresome but thank God for we had a safe trip and arrived in our home sunkissed.



    Till we meet again, Bantayan Island!
     ♡ ♡ ♡

    Sincerely, Bethel 






No comments:

Post a Comment