Friday 20 March 2020

First Acupressure Massage Therapy at Riso Wellness Center


Ever thought of being so tired from all the stress and pressure life if putting on you physically and mentally that you badly need to pamper yourself and de-stress? Don’t worry; a different kind of massage got us covered!


Acupuncture. Does it ring a bell? For the majority, it does. It is an alternative medicine in which an acupuncturist sticks needle into your body. This kind of therapy stimulates specific areas in your body through enhancement of nature’s process of self-healing. But have you ever heard of Acupressure massage? I did a poll on my Instagram stories few weeks back if they have already tried it, and around 70% have not and were even surprised that there is a thing like such. Count me in that percentage. 

I have always wanted to try Acupuncture, but I just could not imagine sticking several thin needles on my body. Good thing, one of my friends introduced Acupressure to me. For someone like me who is afraid of needles but wants to get the benefits of acupuncture, acupressure massage is the best alternative. Instead of using needles, Acupressure massage uses manual pressure on specific body points. I was really curious, so I decided to give it a shot!

 

What is Acupressure Massage?

Acupressure is a traditional Chinese that releases tension and restore energy balance from within the body using finger pressure to key points on the surface of the skin. This promotes circulation of the blood and is claimed to aid healing. 

What are the benefits of Acupressure massage?

- Relieve stress, tension, and anxiety
- Relax muscles and joints
- Improve sleep
- Sooth the pain and discomfort of an injury
- Reduce digestive issues
- Minimize headaches
- Alleviate chronic pain

 




My friends and I went to Riso Wellness Center. They offer Acupuncture and Acupressure Therapy. Although they are situated in a corner, their spa can easily be located. They have a homey ambiance and their staff is very accommodating. They even educated us about the differences and benefits of both therapies. Their rooms are well-maintained and clean. The therapist mentioned that acupressure is best done dry (with bare hands and no oils), but I opted to have some. After an hour of massage, they offered us good tea. I have tried massages from different spas and this was my first time to experience an acupressure massage. My body felt so relaxed after the massage and I would definitely come back!

Enjoy 20% in all their service for the whole month of March!

Php 250 – 30 minutes Acupressure Dry Massage
Php 400 – 60 minutes Acupressure Dry Massage
PHp 350 – 60 minutes Swedish Massage
PHp 400 – 60 minutes Aroma Oil Massage
Php 600 – 60 minutes Acupressure Dry + Swedish Massage with oil 

They are located at 102 Teresita Apartments cor of Jasmine and Orchid Streets in Capitol Site,Cebu City (across Angus Dan’s and before Yayoy’s Grill)


1 comment: